Focused on YOU and the unique needs of individuals who identify within the LGBTQ+ Communities
In an effort to expand and reach all populations, Syntero offers inclusive programming and services.
LGBTQ+ individuals are almost three times more likely than others to experience a mental health condition such as major depression or generalized anxiety disorder. The fear of coming out and the fear of discrimination for sexual orientation and gender identities can lead to depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, thoughts of suicide and substance abuse.
- Suicide attempts are three times more common among bisexual individuals than straight individuals.
- Sexual minorities have a greater risk of substance use disorders than straight individuals.
- Compared to non-sexual minority youth, sexual minority youth are twice as likely to report being bullied.
We understand the unique challenges faced by members of the LGBTQ community, and offer LGBTQ culturally competent providers that can help ensure more positive outcomes and healthy/balanced lifestyles and choices for dealing with identity issues.
Current services include:
- Individual Counseling
- Couples and Family Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Support Groups
- School-based Preventative Services
- Sexual Health Education
- Medication Management
- Referral Letters for Hormone Replacement Therapy or Affirmation Procedures